Yorkie Health Guarantee
All Sugar-Rush Yorkies™ are sold as Companion Pets unless otherwise discussed. This puppy is guaranteed to be a pure breed Yorkshire Terrier. Breeder will give AKC Limited Registration papers to purchaser upon receipt of copy of spay/neuter receipt from Veterinarian.
Unless otherwise agreed upon and set forth within this agreement or as an attachment, all animals sold by Sugar-Rush Yorkies are done so with AKC® Limited Registration. This means no offspring of these animals can be registered with the AKC, effectively meaning the animals cannot be bred unless done so in cooperative partnership with Sugar-Rush Yorkies™ .
If buyer later decides for whatever reason that said Yorkie cannot be kept, Buyer agrees to contact Sugar-Rush Yorkies™ first to help find placement.
The intent of this policy is threefold:
- To remove our animals from the rampant “backyard” breeding mentality that in our estimation has so contributed to the decline of health and quality in many breeds, including the Yorkshire Terrier.
- To allow us to continue our focus on developing dogs for our primary client base: individuals and families who wish to share their lives with Yorkies. To that end: We do not sell to people who just want to breed their animals. We do not sell to Commercial Breeders, Puppy Mills/Mini Mills, Back Yard Breeders, Brokers or Pet Shops.
- To protect the well-being of every puppy we place into permanent homes.
Sugar-Rush Yorkies™ guarantees this puppy to be free of all communicable disease for a period of 72 hours from the date puppy is received by owner. We further guarantee this puppy to be free of Genetic Defects that make the puppy not suitable for the purpose of *family pet* until the puppy reaches one year of age. Buyer understands that the following slight genetic defects are not considered serious or life threatening and are therefore are not covered: Umbilical/inguinal hernia, under-bite or overbite, and non-standing ears to name a few. Sugar-Rush Yorkies™ only recognizes serious defects to be those conditioned defined by a competent Veterinarian of our choosing which fall under the Serious Defect category. Buyer understands that replacement or 100% refund option is only valid when health problems are attributed to a hereditary problem and not due to accident, contagious or other illness outside of our control or responsibility as breeders. Buyer understands that any and all guarantees expire one year from date of purchase. We do not guarantee against Parvo, Corona, Distemper, Coccidiosis or Giardia after 72 hours of purchase. Be sure to see your vet as soon as possible!
We carefully plan our pairings and have never produced a dog with defects.
Yorkshire Terriers are healthy dogs, but a dormant inherited condition / congenitall defect may show up. If your vet discovers such a condition you must return him/her to Sugar-Rush Yorkies™ with AKC Registration papers and you must obtain a written statement by your Veterinarian, on office stationary and signed by him/her for our records, stating health risk and to include a description of the symptoms supporting his/her opinion to validate our money back guarantee. Any vet bills incurred to diagnose or repair a problem will be the responsibility of the buyer unless arrangements have been made or approved prior to treatment. Failure to do this will cause the contract to be null and void.
If a replacement puppy is deemed to have been warranted and validated, the following terms apply:
- If you qualify for a replacement, you can choose a puppy of equal value when one becomes available.
- If you choose a puppy of greater value than $ (purchase price), then you are responsible to pay the difference.
- If we do not have a puppy of equal value within 180 days: for your replacement, we will refund 100% of your puppies original price of $ (purchase price), minus any shipping fees and deposit paid.
This written agreement is a binding contract entered into the State of North Carolina and is the entire agreement between the buyer and seller concerning the sale and health conditions or loss of this puppy.
*Hard copy Health Guarantee will be made available to the purchaser.