Yorkie Kibble Recipe
My goal with this Yorkie Kibble Recipe was a balance of protein, grain, and plant food as it’s necessary to meet canine nutritional requirements.
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Combine:
- 6 cups of flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 Tbsp bone meal
- 1 baby food jar of turkey, chicken or beef
- 1/4 cup of choice veggies
- 1 cup powdered milk
- In another bowl, whisk three large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil and 1 cups meat broth, vegetable broth or water
- 2 Tbsp Multivitamin powder. We use Halo brand.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together to create thick dough similar to bread. Add more flour as needed
* If your yorkie is sensitive to wheat/wheat gluten, brown rice flour and potato flour are good alternatives.
Spread the dough onto a cookie sheet. The dough should be 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick depending on the size of your dog. Using a pizza cutter or knife, lightly cut the desired kibble sizes into the dough but do not go all the way through. This will make it easier to break it into kibble pieces when cooking is complete.
Place in the oven for about one hour or so depending on the thickness of your dough. Dough should be brown and beginning to harden. Remove and allow it to cool and harden. Break kibble into small yorkie bite size pieces.
Store your yorkie kibble in an airtight container until feeding time. Keep in the refrigerator or freezer. This yorkie kibble recipe makes about seven cups.