Strong, stubborn—and intensely devoted to family—the massive Dogue de Bordeaux is a loving breed that makes a wonderful companion for dog-experienced households. With his large frame, inquisitive face, and strong personality, this breed makes his presence known in your home.
Does Dogue de Bordeaux have health problems?
Like any dog with a short face, deep chest and giant body, the Bordeaux has health problems. He is susceptible to heart and orthopedic problems, gastric torsion (bloat) and heatstroke. The breed has a tragically short lifespan of only six to eight years, although some are living to ages 10 and 11.
How much exercise does a Dogue de Bordeaux need?
A Dogue de Bordeaux needs at least 45 to 60 minutes of exercise and activity daily.
What dog has the strongest bite?
The Strongest Bite Force for Various Dog Breeds
- Malinois. The Malinois breed is sometimes called the Belgian Shepherd. …
- English Bulldog. These dogs are very large and plump, but they don’t want to do much else than be a lapdog. …
- Chow-Chow. …
- Dutch Shepherd. …
- Doberman. …
- Boxer. …
- American Pit Bull. …
- German Shepherd.
Which dog has the shortest lifespan?
Top 10 Dog Breeds With The Shortest Lifespan
- Saint Bernard: 8-10 years.
- Newfoundland: 8-10 years.
- Bullmastiff: 7-8 years.
- Great Dane: 7-8 years.
- Greater Swiss Mountain Dog: 6-8 years.
- Mastiff: 6-8 years.
- Irish Wolfhound: 6-7 years.
- Bernese Mountain Dog: 5-7 years.